Last updated 26/1/2019
Lumix G cameras are very similar in operation and you can use the following manuals as a good starting point for other models.
I’ve recently upgraded to the Lumix G80 (G85), and have added a manual for that camera.
I’ve taken the opportunity to change my approach to using the camera and to custom modes. Rather than having a custom mode for each sensible combination of AF mode and metering mode, I’ve moved to having 3 custom modes for ‘stationary’ subjects that all use FACE DETECTION AF mode and MULTI metering mode.
- If a face is not detected the camera uses 49-AREA AF mode.
- Pressing FOCUS AREA SET switches to 1-AREA AF mode with a form of spot metering. You can move and size the AF frame.
If find the ability to switch from FACE DETECTION AF mode to 1-AREA AF mode by pressing a single button really useful.
The latest draft, which may still contain a few errors and typos, is:
- Lumix G80 (G85): Lumix G80 instructions 4-2
Earlier version of manuals for three other cameras are:
- Lumix G7: Lumix G7 instructions 3-1
- Lumix GX7: Lumix GX7 instructions 3-1
- Lumix G6: Lumix G6 instructions 2-6
For those that used to like them, earlier flow charts are included in: lumix flowchart instructions 1-3.
I’ve enabled comments for this page again. I will disable them if I have problems with spam. You can contact me as directed on the home page if you wish.